Focused on delivering value to her clients, Nancy leverages her extensive transactional expertise, industry experience, and strategic insight to get deals done.
Nancy Choi is a partner in McCarthy Tétrault’s Global Metals & Mining Group in Toronto. A solutions- and results-oriented lawyer strongly invested in her clients’ success, she helps a wide range of industry clients successfully navigate complex domestic and cross-border transaction matters, with a focus on maximizing outcomes and minimizing risks. She represents investment dealers, underwriters, agents, and public mining companies in a variety of corporate finance transactions, including public and private security offerings, skillfully leveraging her extensive sector insight to get deals done.
In additional to her transactional work, Nancy advises public companies on general corporate and securities law matters, including continuous disclosure obligations, corporate governance and Canadian stock exchange listings.
Clients turn to Nancy for her strategic guidance and practical solutions that enable them to meet their business and growth objectives. She is a trusted advisor to organizations of all sizes that have business interests within Canada and across the border, and she is recognized as a leading lawyer in the areas of mining and cannabis by Chambers Canada, Best Lawyers in Canada and the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory.
Nancy is also a prolific speaker with a pulse on the issues that can have an impact on clients’ businesses and regularly shares her insight at global and domestic industry conferences.
Nancy’s representative work includes acting for the following:
- Representing Clarksons Platou and DNB Markets as joint lead managers on a US$250 million senior secured bond offering for Copper Mountain Mining Company
- Representing Clarksons Platou and Pareto Securities as joint lead managers on a US$350 million senior secured bond offering and a syndicate of underwriters on a $280 million bought deal offering as part of Nemaska Lithium Inc.’s $1.1 billion project financing
- Representing a syndicate of underwriters co-led by Desjardins Capital Markets, Clarus Securities, Echelon Partners and RBC Capital Markets in EverGen Infrastructure Corp.’s $20 million initial public offering
- Representing a syndicate of underwriters led by Stifel GMP in Neo Lithium Corp.’s $30 million special warrant financing
- Representing the agents led by Eight Capital in PsyBio Therapeutics’ $15 million private placement in connection with a qualifying transaction
- Representing co-lead agents Cormark Securities and Eight Capital in Voxtur Analytics Corp.’s $20 million private placement
- Representing a syndicate of agents led by Canaccord Genuity in Slang Worldwide’s $66 million subscription receipt financing in connection with its initial public offering
- Representing a syndicate of agents co-led by Eight Capital and Cormark Securities in Rivalry Corp.’s US$22 million subscription receipt financing in connection with its initial public offering
- Representing Lundin Mining Corporation on a $674 million bought deal offering as part of a $2.25 billion financing package in connection with its acquisition of the Candelaria/Ojos del Salada copper project
Outside of her practice, Nancy gives back to the broader community through various initiatives, including serving as a volunteer with the Lawyers Feed the Hungry Program. She has also been a member of UNICEF’s 25th Team, a unique and innovative partnership comprising 60 influential Canadian women who have joined together to fund and support international pilot programs to provide life-saving health services for the world’s most vulnerable women and children.
Nancy received her J.D. from the University of Toronto and was admitted to the Ontario bar in 2005. She received her B.A.B.Sc. (Hons.) from McMaster University in 1999. Nancy is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Ontario Bar Association.
Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Leading Lawyer: Corporate Finance & Securities, Mining
Best Lawyers in Canada
Who’s Who Legal: Canada