Receptionist (12-month contract)
May 02, 2022
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected for the tenth consecutive year in 2022 as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
Schedule: Monday - Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm MST
As a Receptionist, you will be:
- Working collaboratively with other members of the team to assist in the coordination of all aspects of client and internal events.
- Liaising regularly with the Conference Services Team on items pertaining to the operation of the Conference Floor including room set-up, event panning and logistics.
- Greeting and screening all visitors in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
- Answering incoming calls and emails promptly and professionally and directing them to the appropriate individual.
- Logging and processing incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries that pass through Conference Services.
- Reporting all security matters to management, as well as reporting any areas requiring repairs or maintenance to the appropriate personnel.
- Providing assistance during special events organized by the firm.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Processing requests for new files.
- Maintaining inventory and preparing files, boxes and interfiling to and from offsite storage.
- Handling the transfer of files to and from law firms and clients.
- Updating the records management system accurately, ensuring the integrity of the information.
- Generating activity reports, including monthly workflow reports.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Minimum of High School Diploma.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience preferably in a professional hospitality environment.
- Professional certification in Hospitality or in Records management is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and customer focus.
- Strong professional demeanor and an approachable disposition.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure utmost discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills. Ability to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines, with a strict attention to detail.
- Ability to deal effectively with challenging situations and demonstrated effective problem-solving skills.
- Frequent bending and lifting (up to approximately 50 lbs) required.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm.
- Competitive compensation including paid overtime.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.